A young woman learning to save lives shares her EMT training experience, weight loss goals, and the diet tools that are making her a future healthy Paramedic. She also shares EMT jobs and Paramedic jobs around the world. She writes about Fort Worth/DFW to raise money for wounded Emergency Medical Technicians, Firefighters, K9 Officers, Law Enforcement, Police Officers, Rescuers and their families around the world.

Sunday, July 9, 2017

3 Important BBQ Safety Tips

What are the top three things that people do in the Summer? Beaches, BBQ and Babes in fun destinations. A Summer BBQ can be dangerous though. I should know! I spent a year with a scar on my hand because I fell against a 800 degree BBQ. I don't want this to happen to you so here are some summer time BBQ tips.

No Kids Allowed
Don't let kids play near the BBQ. No matter how safe the kids say they are going to be. Someone has the chance of getting hurt when they are allowed to run around the Bar-B-Que unit.

Placement of BBQ
Placement of the BBQ is important for summer safety. Having chairs and tables to close to the Bar-B-Que can be dangerous. I speak from experience. I was getting up from the table and tripped on something. Not knowing that the grill was being heated up for dinner, I used it to catch myself. My mom and I spent that 4th of July dealing with a second degree burn.

BBQ Tools
You will want to have a spray bottle, lid, and fire extinguisher
Make sure these tools are on hand to deal with flair ups and fires in your BBQ. Even chicken fat drips to the bottom of the grill and can cause the coals/wood to burn too hot. Use a spray bottle to shut down flame flair ups. Most fires can be put out by denying the fire oxygen with a closed lid and turning off the gas. Be sure the cut the fuel source and use a fire extinguisher for major flames. 

Don't be the hero if you can't handle the fire. It's o.k. to say my grill got out of hand and call the Fire Department. It is better to say that you can't handle it then do something that would cause more damage and harm.

Most importantly have a fun summer BBQ just remember safety first.

No comments:

Post a Comment